Gail Reese Ward Excellence in Mentoring Award
The Gail Reese Ward Excellence in Mentoring Award commemorates Gail Ward, 1950-2003, who coordinated the SMU Women’s Symposium from 2000 to 2003 and created the Profiles in Leadership Awards program. It recognizes an award recipient for especially significant contributions as a mentor to girls and women.
Criteria for nominees
- Nominees must be individuals, rather than for organizations.
- Nominees must be residents of the Dallas Metroplex who have had significant impact on the Dallas community.
- They may not be current SMU faculty, staff, or students.
- Should have specific, focused, experiences mentoring women and girls.
- Reflect some aspect of the focus of the upcoming Women’s Symposium.
- The group of nominees should be drawn from diverse ethnic backgrounds, ages, and vocations includingccommunity volunteers.
- Recipients must be able to attend the Award presentation and may be asked to participate in some aspect of the Women’s Symposium in March of next year.
Nominator must provide the following nomimee information in order for the nominee to be considered.