Dallas Hall Main Quad
Click and drag the cursor within the image to look around.
Use the Shift key to zoom in and the Control key to zoom out.
Dallas Hall was the first building constructed on campus. The original building was constructed in 1915 and was designed by the architectural firm Shepley, Rutan & Coolidge. The building's architectural style was particularly influenced by Thomas Jefferson’s interpretation of the Roman Pantheon. The 3-story rotunda and flanking wings are typical of Georgian Revival architecture. The rotunda is topped with brilliant stained glass, and the dome is copper with a rich green patina. Dallas Hall is one of ten SMU buildings listed on the National Historic Register.