- The spirit contest is a departmental game, in which a group from the same department can dress up according to the picnic theme to show their SMU spirit
- Teams must be registered online via the Spirit registration form
- The dress should be accompanied by a cheer, chant, or skit which is performed in front of the main picnic audience
- The audience determines the spirit contest winner through the amount of noise and applause made for the performing group
- This year's theme: COME AS YOUR FAVORITE SMU DECADE!!
- Register your Spirit team today!
Tug of War
- Teams will consist of a maximum of 15 members per team
- Teams must be registered online via the Tug of War registration form
- Each team must have an equal number of team members
- Each team must have members from their own department only as no one outside of a team’s department can serve on said department team
- Cones or other markers will designate either line the center rope marker must cross for a team to win. Single elimination applies unless a tie breaker is required to declare the winner.
- The winning team will receive the coveted Tug-O-War Trophy
- Register your Tug of War team today!
- Teams will consist of four team members
- Teams must be registered online via the Mummy Wrap registration form
- One team member will be the “mummy” and be wrapped with toilet paper while the other three team members do the actual wrapping
- All teams will receive the same amount of toilet paper rolls and the first team to wrap all of their toilet paper around the mummy wins
- Register your Mummy Wrap team today!
- For those who aren't in the competitive spirit but want to have some fun, sand volleyball, horse shoes and frisbee golf are available for "all play" throughout the picnic