How to Submit a Proposal to the Office of Research Administration (ORA)
Send the following information 10 business days prior to agency deadline to ORA to begin the proposal process:
- Title of proposal
- Brief Summary of project
- Detailed budget for each year
- Copy or link to agency guidelines
- Requested start date of project
ORA will send a draft budget to you for review and approval. Upon approval, the SMU Proposal Internal Approval Form (Form II) will be prepared for signatures. The required signatures are the PI(s), Chair of the department, and Dean of the school.
Signatures of Chair and Dean affirm that sufficient space, infrastructure, and resources are available to conduct the research and that Campus Planning & Plant Operations (CPPO) have been appraised of requirements.
Before ORA will submit the proposal to the agency, the following items must be completed:
- You must submit your proposal through SafeAssign and send a copy of the report to ORA for your file.
- Form II must be received with all required signatures before submission
Once all of the required documents are on file, ORA will submit your proposal to the agency.
For more details on how to submit a proposal to the Office of Research Administration, please see our PowerPoint Presentation.