Southern Methodist University Enrollment Services University Registrar Transfer Equivalency Guides - TCCNS
| Submit Feedback |
Transfer Equivalency Guides - TCCNS
Southern Methodist University uses the Texas
Common Course Numbering System (TCCNS) to determine many transfer
equivalencies for a variety of two-year and four-year schools in Texas. SMU
course equivalencies are updated periodically and are added to the school
equivalency guides below. If a course is taken at a participating TCCNS
school and is not listed below for a particular school, then you may look up
this information on the TCCNS website (www.tccns.org).
An example is listed below for your convenience.
Example: ART 2321 Painting & Composition
I at Howard Payne University
- Go to
- Click on TCCNS Online Matrix (left-hand
- Click on the most recent "searchable"
- Click on "Compare Institutions"
- Select your transfer school on the
left-hand side (for example, Howard Payne University) and either Collin
College, Dallas County Community College District, or Tarrant County
College on the right-hand side and click "search".
- Find course at transfer school in the
middle section (for example, ART 2321, Painting & Composition I) and
note the course number at CC, DCCCD, or TCC. In this case, it is ARTS
- Look up the CC, DCCCD or TCC course number on the equivalency guide listed below. (In this case, it is DCCCD.) Look for ARTS 2316 on the left-hand side. The right-hand side will indicate the SMU equivalent course.