Dedman Center Room Reservation Form
| Building Hours
| Family Hours
Reservations will be made on the following timeline:
- Fall semester reservations will be accepted beginning on July 1st.
- Spring semester reservations will be accepted beginning November 1st.
- Summer reservations will be accepted beginning April 1st.
- Recurring reservations will be made for a maximum of one full semester.
- Only representatives of SMU Student Chartered Organizations can reserve non-activity spaces (classrooms, studios, conference room) if the activity they are hosting is for SMU Students.
- Room requests must be made at least 3 working days in advance. Any room availability past that point is on a first come/first serve basis.
- Before completing this form, please read through the policies for what constitutes a "special event" versus a "reservation" and proceed accordingly.
- Please note that food is not permitted inside the Dedman Center for Lifetime Sports. Food is permitted in the outdoor sand volleyball area with prior approval from the
Rec Sports Professional Staff in charge of scheduling.
- Please note that the A/V equipment in all classrooms is reserved for use by the Wellness and Recreational Sports Departments. It will not be available for use with any room reservations.
- Please report any reservation changes or cancellations to the main desk at 214-768-3374.
- The submission of this form is only a request for space. You will be contacted via e-mail with a confirmation.
To request a room reservation, please follow the steps listed below
1. Click "http://schedule.smu.edu" or type
in your URL address box
2. Click on the "Launch Now" block on the left hand corner.
3. The daily calendar for the University will be displayed. In the right hand
corner, select the green box labeled "Request Event."
4. Enter the title of your event in the top box. Click on the drop down arrow
under "Select an Event Request Form" and choose "Dedman Center Events Request
Form," and click "next."
5. Fill in the blanks for your name, SMU ID, email, contact phone, department,
and title of event including the student group name.
6. Under meeting dates, times, & room selections, click add/remove meetings.
7. Fill in the meeting type, max attendance, and a brief description. Then fill
in the start and end date and time then click add meeting.
After filling out the meeting date and time info, the screen should change. Next
click on the label on the top right hand corner to "Request Rooms." When the
room choices come up, choose the space that is available and best suited for
your event. Once you have made your selection, the room will change from
available to green noting it has been "Selected." Choose "Save and Update
Request" from the upper right hand corner.
9. This will take you back to the original event info page from Step 7. Verify the
information and choose "Submit Request" on the bottom left.
This request must be submitted at least 3 working days in advance, or a
reservation will not be made.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Echo Dickerson,
Facility Coordinator, at