Dedman Center Facilities Overview
Facilities Overview | Building Hours | Family Hours | Policies | Membership | Fees | Reservations | Employment
Visit the Reservations page for more information about reserving certain areas of the Dedman Center for Lifetime Sports. To reserve a racquetball court, please visit or call the Main Desk at 214-768-3374. You must have a valid SMU or Dedman ID.
- Aerobic/Dance Rooms - 3,000 square feet and 2,400 square feet.
- Basketball courts - four total, two of which have permanent spectator seating for 300. May be converted to four volleyball courts, or six badminton courts.
- Bouldering Wall - 14 feet high and approximately 60 feet long.
- Cardio Overlook - elliptical machines and treadmills overlooking the Dallas skyline.
- Classrooms - four, each with seating for 35.
- Climbing Wall - 40 feet high with multiple routes.
- Conference Room and Staff Offices.
- Glass-Backed Racquetball Courts - six, with one convertible to squash.
- Gaming Areas - There are two pool tables, a shuffleboard table, and three ping pong tables. Equipment is available for free check-out at the main desk. A fee is charged to the patron who checks out the equipment, if the equipment is returned damaged.
- Indoor Track - expanded to three lanes and approximately a six-lap mile.
- SMUothies Café - smoothies, coffee, juice, soft drinks and quick food for eating in or taking out.
- Locker Rooms and Showers -We have a men’s locker room, a women’s locker room, and a Family locker room for families with children.
- The Family locker room is unlocked during Family Hours and is otherwise used for full body massages.
- The locker rooms are equipped with individual showers in the women’s locker room and a community shower in the men’s locker room, as well as hair dryers and full body-length mirrors.
- We have lockers available for day use (free of charge), and rental lockers available for a semester fee for patrons who would like to keep their possessions overnight.
- All of the locker rooms have exits to the indoor pool area.
- Lounge - with computer terminals and a big-screen TV.
- Martial Arts/Cheer Room - 1,900 square feet with padded floors and walls.
- Men's, Women's, and Family locker rooms - Lockers may be reserved for $15 per semester, or $45 annually. Lockers may be used for free if all contents are removed by the end of the day.
- Multipurpose Court - for indoor soccer or floor hockey.
- Open-Air Rotunda Entry/Plaza - a shaded gathering location with bench seating.
- Outdoor Adventure Area - checkout tents, backpacks, kayaks, etc.
- Outdoor Water Recreation Area - shallow, 50-by-30 foot fountain pool with 7-foot waterfall, various jet and bubble sprays, and sunning area.
- Recreation Pool - 25 meter, five lane swimming pool with water volleyball and basketball areas.
- Spinning Room - convertible to aerobic/dance rooms.
- Weight Room/Fitness Area - 15,000 square feet with free weights, selectorized weight machines, cardio machines, and plate-loaded equipment.