- All swimmers must shower before entering the indoor pool or outdoor Falls area.
- Patrons with open or infectious wounds are not permitted in either pool.
- No gum or adhesive bandages are allowed in either pool.
- Children under the age of 18 are allowed only during Family Hours and must be supervised by a parent or guardian.
- Parent or guardian must oversee minor in same area of the facility.
- Maximum of four children per adult.
- Minors will only be allowed at The Falls on Saturdays from 8:00am-1:00pm.
- Children that wear diapers MUST wear a swim diaper.
- Training equipment must be used in a manner for which it is intended.
- Arm floaties and large flotation devices are prohibited in both pools.
- Appropriate attire must be worn at all times. No thong bikinis or cut-off shorts will be allowed.
- No person may conduct any personal aquatic activity classes at any time without written permission from the Director of Recreational Sports or the Aquatics Coordinator.
- Persons under the influence or in possession of alcoholic beverages or narcotics are forbidden from using the pool.
- Swimmers are not allowed to run and dive over the edges of the pools, dive or jump from lifeguard stands, or dive or jump from the deck backwards. Flips from the side of the pool are not allowed.
- Distracting a lifeguard from his/her duty or falsely summoning first aid is not allowed.
- No glass of any kind permitted in the facility.
- Dunking or hanging on the basketball rim or volleyball nets is not allowed.
- No group may monopolize any particular area of the pool or pool area as to exclude others from use of that pool or pool area (excluding prior reservation).
- Swimmers will not enter the indoor pool until a lifeguard is on duty.
- Lifeguards have complete authority at all times under the supervision of the Head Lifeguard, Aquatics Assistant Manager or Aquatics Coordinator.
- The aquatics staff may enforce any rule not found on this list if deemed necessary.
Lap Swimming Etiquette
- Choose an appropriate lane for the speed at which you will be swimming.
- Lane 1 is fastest and speed decreases to Lane 5, the slowest.
- Always swim on the right side of the lane, in a counter-clockwise
fashion, unless all members of a lane decide to split the lane.
- When passing, notify swimmer with a tap on the foot and pass on their
- If you are continually passing or being passed, move into the next
appropriate lane. Please observe proper lane speeds.
Please stop by the Dedman Center for more information or contact Lindsey Gavlick at 214-768-9916 or