Academic Appeal or Petition Procedure

In some circumstances, students might request or petition for an exception to or waiver of the application of an academic policy. Undergraduate students considering such a request or petition—including petitions relating to academic suspension by students with declared majors—should follow the Process for Undergraduate Student Academic Petitions.

Undeclared majors in Dedman College who have received notice of suspension and wish to appeal the suspension should consult the probation and suspension policy set out in the University Catalog.

If the student files an appeal under this policy with the Committee on Academic Petitions, the appeal should be submitted by email to the Committee on Academic Petitions at