CAMPUS CRIME ALERT
March 20, 2008
A female student reported that she believed she had been drugged and assaulted by a male student in the Sigma Alpha Epsilon (SAE) house around 2:00 a.m. She said the student put an unknown substance into her drink, took her to a storage area in the SAE house. She was able to get away from the man and call police.
The male student suspect has been identified and questioned, and SMU Police are further investigating the matter.
Personal Security Tips
· Call the Police and seek medical attention immediately. Time is critical in such cases.(214-768-3388 or 911)
· Never drink from an open container that has been out of your possession for any length of time. If you think you may have been drugged, seek medical attention immediately and contact the police.
· Remember that alcohol consumption slows your responses and impairs judgment.
· Be alert of your surroundings and call police if you see someone suspicious.
· Sign up for self-defense training through the Wellness Department.