Viewing a Student's Program/Plan
Viewing a student's program/plan will allow you to see all actions associated with a student, including but not limited to Admission, Matriculation, Program Changes (usually at the school level) , Plan Changes (Majors/Minors), Sub Plan Changes (Concentrations of Study), Expected Grad Terms, Candidacy to Graduate, and Completion of Program.
- Click the Records and Enrollment link. Step 1
- Click the Career and Program Information link. Step 2
- Click the Student Program/Plan link. Step 3
- Type the SMU ID number into the ID field.
For example, type "18565200". Step 4
- Click the Include History checkbox option. Step 5
- Clicking the Include Histroy checkbox ensures that you will see all actions associated with a student over time.
It is not uncommon for students to apply, withdraw, be re-admitted, change majors, change expected grad terms, etc. You will want to review these past actions before creating new actions to confirm the correct action to take for each situation. Step 6
- Click the Search button. Step 7
- You have been brought the to Student Program/Plan page for your student.
Click the Last link to begin to review the actions on this student from past to present. Step 8
- You will see the Program Action of APPL, or "Application" with the dates associated with it.
Click the Show previous row button to proceed to the next row. Step 9
- You will also see the Program Action of ADMT, or "Admission" with the dates associated with it.
Click the Show previous row button to proceed to the next row. Step 10
- You will see the Program Action of DEIN, or "Intention to Matriculate - Prematriculant" with the dates associated with it.
Click the Show previous row button to proceed to the next row. Step 11
- You will see the Program Action of MATR, or "Matriculation" with the dates associated with it.
Click the Show previous row button to proceed to the next row. Step 12
- After the Action of MATR, or "Matriculation" the student will have various Program Changes (PRGC), and Plan Changes (PLNC) dependent upon when the student enters an Academic program or declares new plans (majors/minors), or subplans (concentrations).
Click the First link to return to the most recent action. Step 13
- Click the Student Plan tab. Step 14
- Within the Student Plan Tab, one can see the details of each Plan Change (PLNC) and Program Action (PRGC). Step 15
- Click the View All link to see all Student Plan data at one time. Step 16
- Click the scrollbar to view more of the page.
The Plans, dates, and status of the student will display. Step 17
- Click the View 1 link to collapse the view back down again. Step 18
- Within the Student Sub Plan Tab, one can see the details of each Sub Plan Change (PLNC) and Program Action (PRGC).
Click the Student Sub-Plan tab. Step 19
- Sub-plans (concentrations and specializations) primarily exist for areas of study that have defined them.
(For example, Meadows defines their Art majors into concentrations of Painting, Ceramics, etc.)
The School of Engineering also uses sub-plans. Always check the subplan tab to see if your plan has a defined sub-plan. This data is updated on a regular basis as majors, programs, and course requirements change over time. Step 20
You have now successfully viewed Student Program/Plan Data.
Table of Contents Start Topic