March 17, 2010
Traffic flow directions now different for some streets
Directions of travel for some streets in SMU's northeastern quadrant have changed. Please obey all traffic signs in the area and do not drive in the wrong direction.
Beginning Wednesday, March 17, 2010:
- Hilltop Lane will be one way southbound from University Boulevard to McFarlin Boulevard. McFarlin will be one way eastbound from Hilltop to Airline. Please note that this is a change from the current traffic flow.
- University Boulevard will be closed to public vehicular traffic from Hilltop to Airline Road.
- The Science Information Center parking lot will be closed. Those currently using the SIC parking lot may park in the Airline Garage.
- The parking lot on the west side of Dedman Life Sciences will remain open. Access to that lot is from Hillcrest eastbound on University.
- Fondren Drive between Ownby and Airline Road will be permanently closed to public vehicular traffic.
Beginning August 2, 2010:
- Hilltop will be one-way northbound from McFarlin to University.
- McFarlin will be one way westbound from Airline to Hilltop.
- University will link Hilltop to Airline and will be one way eastbound.
Ownby Drive between McFarlin Boulevard and University Boulevard has been
permanently closed and will be replaced with a pedestrian mall expected to be
completed in December, 2010.
PLEASE OBEY ALL TRAFFIC SIGNS IN THIS AREA DURING THE CONSTRUCTION PERIOD.
The University apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
# # #