The Meadows / Kress / Prado Fellow:
- Is appointed by and reports to the director and curatorial staff of the Meadows Museum.
- Serves a full-time appointment of one year, from August 2013 to July 2014.
- Performs curatorial research and is responsible for projects as assigned.
- In the spring, travels to Madrid and spends six weeks in the curatorial department of the Museo Nacional del Prado conducting related research.
- Receives an annual stipend of $26,000 to defray living expenses. Health care benefits are not included. Limited additional funds available for travel.
Qualifications & Application:
- Be predoctoral students who have completed their course work.
- Have at least one year of curatorial experience in an art museum.
- Have demonstrated knowledge in the field of Spanish art.
- Be proficient in Spanish (reading, writing, and speaking).
There are no application forms. Applicants must submit:
- A full résumé.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A statement (not to exceed 1500 words) specifying: 1) the applicant’s research goals; 2) how these goals relate to or will benefit the Meadows Museum; and 3) how resources at the Meadows Museum, Southern Methodist University, and the Museo Nacional del Prado might be used to accomplish those goals.
Electronic submissions will not be accepted. Applications and letters of recommendation must be received by March 28, 2013. Send to:
Dr. M. Carmen Smith
Dallas, Texas 75275-0357
For more information, please contact: email@example.com