Julianne is a Sophomore from Carlsbad, California. She is pursuing a degree in Pre-Business/Sport Management and Psychology.
High School Leadership Activities & Experiences:
- CIF San Diego Section Individual Sportsmanship Award
- National Honor Society and California Scholarship Federation Seal Bearer
- Organizer of La Costa Canyon HS Dig Pink Breast Cancer Awareness Match
- Conference USA Commissioner's Academic Medal Winner - Women's Volleyball
- SMU Women's Volleyball Team SAAC Representative
- SMU Honor Roll with High Distinction
- Member SMU Student Foundation
What do you like most about being a Hunt Scholar?
The greatest thing about being a Hunt Scholar is that we are provided with opportunities to seek additional academic and leadership roles here at SMU. There are countless speakers and events that we are invited to participate in so that we may enjoy and learn from the influential speakers and the people who accompany us. For the opportunity to be inspired by a variety of global and local leaders, I am so honored and thankful. I am also grateful to have the support and the opportunity to bond with fellow Hunt Scholars. Because we are all leaders and challenge seekers, we have made an instant friendship. Yet, since we all come from different backgrounds and locations around the country, we are each very different and our experiences, both apart and together, enrich each others lives. When I walk around campus and see a fellow Hunt Scholar, we never fail to say hello with the biggest smile on our faces. The combination of both listening and learning from leaders and the ability to apply these lessons to my own experiences in campus and community participation has provided me with a great experience at SMU. I am SO lucky to have all of the opportunities I have been given as a Hunt Scholar.