Joe Hesse is a Senior from Muenster, Texas. He is pursuing a degree in Biochemistry and a minor in Mathematics.
High School Leadership Activities & Experiences:
- President of National Honor Society
- Eagle Scout
- Essay published in “Criteria: A Journal of First-Year Writing”
- Finalist for “Balanced Man” Scholarship
- Research in SMU Chemistry Labs (was invited to present my work at a local American Chemical Society meeting)
- Currently interviewing for medical schools
What do you like most about being a Hunt Scholar?
Getting the Hunt Scholarship grants you an automatic level of respect from many of the staff and adults on campus. For example, I applied for a job at the campus library as a freshman. I was accepted, and my supervisor told me that my Hunt Scholarship alone was enough proof to them that I would be a responsible, hard-working student.