Jean Paul Destarac
Jean Paul Destarac is a Senior from Tyler, Texas. He is in the Honors Program and he is pursuing a degree in Economics with Financial Applications and Markets and Culture and a minor in French.
High School Leadership Activities & Experiences:
- Vice-President of Student Council
- President of the Ambassador Club
- Founder of my charity project which funds a Children’s Oncology Clinic for the underprivileged in Guatemala
- Sales and Strategy at Louis Vuitton Brussels
- Economic Analyst for the Mexican Mission to the European Union and Editor of the Mexican International Trade Journal in Brussels
- Merrill Lynch Wealth Management Internship
- International Trade Intern at Bryan, Gonzalez Vargas, and Gonzalez Bas International Law Firm in Mexico
- International Trade Intern at the Guatemalan Embassy in Paris
- Research: Richter Fellowship, Engaged Learning Project, and Hamilton Fellowship
What do you like most about being a Hunt Scholar?
The Hunt Scholarship is more than just a monetary award. It connects driven students with like-minded peers, with faculty who support their endeavors, and with friends who last a lifetime. I have enjoyed the doors the Hunt Program offers but mostly the people I have met and friends I have made.