Environmental Representative (E-rep)
The role of the E-rep is to provide a series of sustainability initiatives in SMU residential communities on a variety of topics including energy and resource conservation, recycling and other environmental issues. E-Reps will provide peer role modeling, serve as a resource, and promote environmentally conscious behavior within their assigned residential communities. They will also assist students in becoming aware of their everyday lifestyle decisions and understanding the effects an individual can have on the environment, specifically in their residence.
Responsibilities include weekly meetings, programming, creating educational campaigns, distribution of information, writing newsletters, face to face conversations with residents, and conducting surveys and inventories.
- Minimum 2.5 SMU cumulative GPA
- Full-time enrollment at SMU
- Must be in good standing with the University. Please
note student conduct history may impact candidacy.
- Must have lived on campus for at least one year prior to
appointment. Priority will be given to students who will be
living on campus for the academic year of appointment.
- Demonstrate a passion for SMU community and for developing
a peer education program on sustainability
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent communication, leadership, and time management skills
- Understanding of and a commitment to representing SMU and RLSH in a positive manner as an ambassador of the University
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work approximately 5 hours per week. Hours will
vary depending on needs.
- Participate in training and fall semester preparation
- Attend retreat in September
- Attend staff meetings and have individual meetings with
- Abide by all RLSH Community Standards, facilities
guidelines, and fire standards
- $650 per semester stipend posted at the end of each
semester upon completion of responsibilities