Summer Student Staff Recruitment
Thank you for your interest in Residence Life & Student
Housing (RLSH) and the summer student staff positions.
Application information is displayed below. Please take a
look at the links to the right to learn more about the different
types of positions available within the department.
Recruitment Timeline for Conference Leader Positions
- March 10, 2012: Completed Applications due to the RLSH Main Office (101 Boaz Hall) by Noon
- March 19-23, 2012: Individual Interviews, RLSH Main Office
- March 30, 2012: Decision letters distributed
Desk Assistants will be hired on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
What are the commitments for Summer Conference Leaders?
- May 20, 2012: Move in (or transfer) to Summer Housing apartment in Moore Hall. Apartments will be double occupancy, rooming with another Conference Leader.
- May 21-27, 2012: Training
- May 27, 2012: First conference group arrives
- May 27, 2012 - August 4, 2012: Weekly, set schedules of 37-40 hours per week is required. Conferences are a 24 hour/7 days per week operation, and weekends are not guaranteed as time off. Staff members will receive 2 days off per week, and we try to accommodate time off requests with adequate notice. All conference leaders are required and scheduled for 1-2 overnight On-Call shifts per week with the following day complemented as hours served.
- August 3-4, 2012: Closing conferences
- August 5, 2012: Move out of Summer Housing apartment
- Note: Conference leaders are NOT PERMITTED to enroll in Summer School courses that meet in the classroom or have other jobs on or off campus. Certain On-Line courses are permitted with prior approval.
What are the commitments for Summer Desk Assistants?
- A minimum commitment of 20 hours per week is required
- Must be available for Summer I and II sessions - May 14-August 19, 2012 preferred
- Weekly schedules are set with a least 1 weeks' notice of shift schedule
- Time off requests are approved by the Desk Operations Coordinator
- On Campus Housing is not required but can be requested (rate of pay difference)
- Must be available to work 20 hours per week within the following schedule (including Holidays):
- Monday-Friday - 4pm-12midnight
- Saturday, Sunday - 8am-12midnight
- Desk Assistants ARE PERMITTED to take Summer School in Session 1 and/or II
Current residents can stay in their current room between official Residence Hall Closing and May 20, 2012 and/or between August 5, 2012 and official Residence Hall opening. 20 hours per week, paid at an hourly rate of $7.25 per hour is required during transition times. You may always opt to move out of your current room and just return on May 20th to move in to your summer assignment.
If I have questions or need more information, whom should I contact?
Conference Leaders - Kerensa Williams, Assistant Director for Conferences, 214-768-4041, firstname.lastname@example.org
Desk Assistants - Megan Otto, Desk Operations Coordinator, email@example.com