|home | people | undergraduate | m.a. | ph.d | class schedule | news & events | dept archive | clements center | human rights | campus maps | contact us | SMU Home
rOBERT W. RIGHTER
- American West
- Ph.D. University of California, Santa Barbara,
- M.A. San Jose State University, 1963
B.A. Willamette University, 1955
Awards and Service
- Research Fellow in the History of Science and
Technology, Huntington Library, 3 Months, 2010.
Western History Association, Hal Rothman prize for
the best book in Western Environmental History,
The Battle Over Hetch Hetchy: America’s Most
Controversial Dam and the Birth of Modern
WHA, Chair, Robert
Athearn Prize Committee, 2007-2010.
- Western Historical Quarterly, Editorial
- Rockefeller Foundation Grant, Bellagio, Italy,
- Fulbright Research Award, Turnbell Library,
Wellington, New Zealand, 1993.
Professor Robert Righter is not on the
teaching faculty. He is author or editor of seven
books. He has published numerous pamphlets, articles and
book reviews. His latest work Windfall: Creating Electricity From the
Wind was published by the University
of Oklahoma Press in 2011.