The Parent Leadership Council plays an important role in supporting SMU's Second Century Campaign by strengthening ties between the University and parents of current SMU students and increasing gifts to the SMU Parent Fund.
- Make a leadership gift to SMU by May 31 of each year to demonstrate commitment to SMU.
- Attend the SMU Parent Leadership Council meeting during Family Weekend and/or our meeting in the spring.
- Assist in building relationships between SMU parents and the University.
- Educate fellow SMU parents about the importance of supporting SMU during The Second Century Campaign.
- Support our fundraising efforts by assisting the SMU Development office with identification, strategy and cultivation of parents from your region with the capacity to make a major gift to SMU.
- Meet with Christi Contreras, director of Parent Giving, when you are on campus or meet with an SMU Development officer when he or she is in your region.
- Current parents, willing to provide representation in your region.
- Term of service is for the length of the student's tenure at SMU.
- The opportunity to hear from SMU President R. Gerald Turner and other members of the SMU leadership and faculty during Family Weekend and spring meetings.
- Volunteer updates throughout the academic year, including progress reports on overall annual giving and information on University events.
- The opportunity to become more involved with important University programs and to serve as University liaisons with other parents.
Download our Pledge Card for more information.