Dallas Hall was the first building constructed on campus. The original
building was constructed in 1915 and was designed by the architectural
firm Shepley, Rutan & Coolidge. The building's architectural style
was particularly influenced by Thomas Jefferson’s interpretation of the Roman
Pantheon. The 3-story rotunda and flanking wings are typical
of Georgian Revival architecture. The rotunda is topped with brilliant stained
glass, and the dome is copper with a rich green patina. Dallas Hall is one of
ten SMU buildings listed on the National Historic Register.