Blanton Building Room Reservations
Blanton Residents can reserve space in Blanton by following the link directly
below for instructions to schedule rooms through Microsoft Outlook.
Please do not book multi-day events in Outlook since these don't appear
on the schedule clearly. Ask Stan (8-3137) or Damon (8-3485) for
more information.Blanton Building Residents
Important Information for Non-Blanton
Resident Room Reservations
The Laura Lee Blanton Building is primarily a student services building
providing services to students from Enrollment Services, the International
Center, Summer Studies, SMU-in-Taos, and the Office of Information
Technology. Although rooms are available for use by SMU faculty and staff,
the building does not provide staff assistance with a meeting or accept
reservations outside of normal business hours, including weekends
BUSINESS HOURS FOR BLANTON BUILDING
8:30am to 5pm
when the University is open
- No student groups are allowed
- Room availability is based on whether or not rooms are already
reserve the right to decline a request at our discretion.
- Maximum occupancy is 42 per room in rows of chairs only. The
occupancy is greatly reduced with tables so please discuss this with the
Blanton Facility Coordinator.
- There is a $150 charge per room per day. Provide your ORG number
when your request is confirmed. You will not be charged until the day of
your event. Reservations not cancelled at least three business days in
advance will be charged a $50 administrative cancellation fee per room.
- Make sure that you have adequately and clearly explained your
requirements for the space reserved before the event via the web form
link below or once you have been contacted by the Blanton Facility
Coordinator (person taking your reservation). Blanton staff will NOT be
able to make changes or assist with AV once your event starts.
- The audio/visual equipment is controlled by computers built into the
podiums in each meeting room. Note that you may bring your own laptop
but be sure to have the proper adapter, especially for Macs. Whether or
not a laptop is used, it is recommended that a time is scheduled to test
the presentation during business hours prior to the event.
- VERY IMPORTANT for building and user safety - if participants will
need electrical connections (i.e. for laptops other than at the podium),
this must be requested in the reservation including type of equipment to
be connected and the number of connections needed.
- Furniture and/or other items may not be taken from other rooms or
the lobbies. Furniture in the lobbies are for visitors to the Blanton
Building and are not to be moved.
- No food or beverages may be brought into the Blanton rooms except by
SMU Catering. Make sure that your Catering reservation includes any
tables needed and that time is allotted for Catering to setup and
teardown. Give the Catering Manager a contact phone number for someone
in your office who knows the details and can be reached prior to and
during the day of the event.
- After the event, it is the responsibility of the sponsoring group to
collect all trash, put it in bags (provided by the building), and leave
the bagged trash in one location outside the doors of the room used.
room(s) should be left in the condition they were found.
- When preparing to leave the event:
- All audio/visual equipment should be turned completely off.
Instructions are available and performed through the touch screen on
the podiums. Blanking the AV screen is not sufficient; the projector
needs to retract back into the ceiling
- Turn off lights in the meeting room(s). Switches are located
near the doors to each room, as are the temperature controls for
- If you have any questions or require clarification, please contact
us at DESBlanton@smu.edu prior
to submitting a request.
Filling out the Non-Blanton Residents From below indicates that you have
read, understand, and agree to the conditions listed above.Non-Blanton Building Residents Form