Amit Basu, Ph.D.
Wyly Professor of Information Systems
Information Technology and Operations Management Dept.
Edwin L. Cox School of Business
Southern Methodist University
- Ph.D., Graduate School of Management,
University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y., 1986.
- M.S.Graduate School of Management,
University of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y., 1983
- M.B.A., Southern Illinois University, Carbondale,
- B.Tech., Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi,
Accomplishments & Awards
- Computer-Based Information Systems
- Database Design and Implementation
- Electronic Commerce
- Information Management
- Intelligent Systems
- IS in Health Care
- Knowledge Management
- Management Information Systems
- Strategic Information Systems
- Technology and Innovation management
- Workflow Management
- Member, Beta Gamma Sigma
- FULCRUM grant (University of Maryland and IBM Corp.),
- University of Maryland Designated Research Initiative
Fund Grant, 1986-1987
- Graduate Research Board Grant, University of Maryland,
- Maryland Industrial Partnerships Grant, 1989-1994
- Technology Initiative Grant, Vanderbilt University, 1994-1995
- National Merit List and Scholarship, India, 1973
- B. Tech. First Division with Distinction, 1979
- SIU Graduate Fellowship, 1979-1980
- GSM Fellowship, University of Rochester, 1981-1985
- Fulbright Faculty Award, 1996
- Dean's Award for Teaching Excellence, Owen School, Vanderbilt
- A. Basu and R.W. Blanning, 2000, "A Formal Approach to
Information Systems Research.
- A. Basu and R.W. Blanning, 1999, "Metagraphs in Workflow
Decision Support Systems.
- A. Basu, 1998, "Perspectives on Operations Research
in Data Knowledge Management", European Journal
of Operational Research.
- A. Basu and R.W. Blanning, July 1998, "The Analysis
of Assumptions in Model Bases Using Metagraphs", Management