Instructions for first-time users
- Go to the Interlibrary Loan system (ILLiad).
- Enter your SMU ID and password.
- On your first time using the system, fill out the New User Registration form.
- You can find request forms on the left sidebar.
- You can download electronically delivered articles.
- You can search your entire request history online.
- Always log out when finished.
If you need materials that the SMU Libraries do not own, you may request them through
Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
This service connects our library by computer to thousands of others throughout the United States.
Interlibrary Loan Staff
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 400 pm
Science Wing of Fondren Library Center, SIC 233
Policy and FAQ are also available.