Food and Drink
To provide a comfortable, inviting atmosphere for all library users, Fondren Library Center
has adopted the following policy regarding the consumption of food and drink by library users.
These rules assume that all patrons will take responsibility for disposing of their own trash
in receptacles provided, cleaning up minor food and drink spills, and reporting large spills
to library staff for immediate cleanup.
- The consumption of food and beverages in closed containers is allowed throughout the library except where prohibited by this policy.
- Food and drink are prohibited in DeGolyer Library.
- Eating and drinking are discouraged at computer and media equipment work stations. Anyone responsible for damaging computer and/or media equipment is liable for the full cost of repairs or replacement of the equipment.
- Avoid foods that are messy, smelly, or otherwise disruptive to other patrons. You may consume these foods in the student lounge.
- Outside delivery of food to the library is not permitted.
Thank you for taking care of our library!