CUL expects all visitors, both SMU affiliates and guests, to act responsibly and respectfully. This includes:
- avoiding interfering with, threatening or harassing library staff or other library users.
- maintaining a quiet research and study environment in areas designed for quiet study. Please see the library's Cell Phones Policy.
- preserving accessibility to library materials by keeping library materials and property clean, unmarked, and fully intact.
- maintaining library computer systems by refraining from unauthorized accessing and altering of any library computer system, network computer program.
- following posted guidelines on the use of equipment and electronic resources, and all SMU computer use policies.
- complying with U.S. copyright laws and/or SMU's policies on copyright
- maintaining a clean environment by not smoking and by disposing of trash appropriately. Please see the library's Food and Drink Policy.
- using only authorized areas of the library.
- following directions for exiting the building or where to go in case of emergency.
- being responsible for their personal property.