Quick Start - Engineering Guide
- Library Catalog
- SMU's online library catalog contains over 1.5 million items owned by the SMU Libraries.
- OCLC FirstSearch: WorldCat
- Consists of 49 million records contributed by 14,000 libraries from around the world. Useful for verifying book citations and seeing which libraries own a particular title.
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO)
- A multi-discipline database containing full-text for nearly 4,700 publications and abstracts and indexing for over 8,000 journals, with many dating back to 1975. Subject coverage includes computer sciences and engineering, as well as more general subjects.
- ACM Digital Library
- Full text of most journals and publications published by the ACM. Recommended for computer science research.
- Business Source Complete (EBSCO)
- A full-text business database of nearly 7,800 business journals useful for Engineering Management coursework. Includes the complete run of Harvard Business Review.
- Digital Dissertations
- Access to citations and abstracts of dissertations written worldwide. Contains full-text dissertations written at SMU and some limited previews since 1997.
- Engineering Village 2
- A comprehensive, interdisciplinary engineering database. Contains limited full-text, but contains over 8 million records from 5,000 international engineering journals, conferences, and trade publications.
- IEEE Xplore
- Search complete abstract records for IEEE publications. SMU's full-text access includes IEEE journals, transactions, and magazines published since 1998, although you can search all content back to 1950.
- Includes some full-text articles and 60 million abstracts in areas including: Computer Science, Economics, Enginering, Materials Science, and Physics.
- Wiley Interscience
- Access to over 1,000 journals in areas including: Business, Computer Science, Physics, and Polymers and Materials Science with some full-text access.