title change checklist
This checklist is to be used when a serial title changes and the first issue of the new title is in hand.
Cataloging the Titles
- Search OCLC for bib record for preceding title and export the record.
- Search OCLC for bib record for succeeding title and export the record.
For the preceding title:
- Overlay ceased title with updated record and check cataloging as per the Copy Cataloging of Periodicals Guidelines or Copy Cataloging of Classed Together Serials Guidelines.
- On the Bibliographic record, remove the 945 zSTANDING ORDER field if present.
- On the Holdings and Item records, make necessary adjustments such as deleting lv flc,ref or removing temporary locations, etc. Move holdings from check in record in Acquisitions to the Holdings record as necessary. If the title is to be discarded, suppress or delete Bibliographic and Holdings records as necessary and remove the library symbol from the OCLC record.
For the succeeding title:
- Import new title into Voyager and catalog according to the Copy Cataloging of Periodicals Guidelines or Copy Cataloging of Classed Together Serials Guidelines.
- Add the 945 zSTANDING ORDER field if necessary.
- On the Holdings record, copy and paste pertinent information from the preceding title such as call number, lv flc,ref, or dsc si, etc.
- Fill out Title Change portion of Title Alert flag and place in first issue of succeeding issue. Give this issue to Vendor Liason for purchase order setup.
Creating the Purchase Order
- Use the same PO number for the succeeding title as for the preceding title.
Copy the order without components re-linked.
- Edit Copies/Funds tab in line item Details.
- For EBSCO titles, enter the nine-digit title number in the Vendor Title # box followed by a comma and the two digit subscriber code (Check EBSCONET for Vendor Title #.) In the first Vendor Reference Number field, choose Agent's subscription identifier (SNA). In the second Vendor Reference Number field, enter DA7240000[two digit subscriber code][nine digit title number]. (Do not include commas, spaces, or brackets.)
- Set up pattern for succeeding title. Copy and paste any pertinent notes from the preceding title's pop-up note to the succeeding title's pop-up note.
- Receive new item through Serials Check-In.
- Delete pattern from the PO for the preceding title.
- Vendor Liaison will complete the PO for the preceding title and approve the PO for the succeeding title as appropriate.
- Send first issue of succeeding title to Periodicals Binding Workroom with Title Alert flag.
For questions about the content of this page, please contact Sarah Haight Sanabria email@example.com
Last updated 05/06/2011