DELAYED PERIODICAL ISSUES
When a periodical issue is delayed and all previous issues have been bound
· Delete the RECENT ISSUES note in the enum. field on the item record.
· Change the location on the item record to match the permanent location on the MFHD.
· If a check-in component exists for the title, add pop-up note: When delayed issue arrives, add RECENT ISSUES note to item record. Change "expected on" date in serials check-in as appropriate.
· If a check-in component does not exist, add a non-public note in field 866 |x on the MFHD: When delayed issue arrives, add RECENT ISSUES note to item record.
· Notify Periodicals Librarian via e-mail of delayed issue so a note can be placed on the current periodical shelves to explain the delay and point users to the back issues.
When delayed issue arrives
· Add the RECENT ISSUES note back to the enum. field on the item record.
· Change the location on the item record back to the current issues location.
· Delete note in pop-up or on MFHD.
· Check in issue through serials check-in or on MFHD as appropriate.
· Notify Periodicals Librarian via e-mail that delayed issue has been received so the note on the current periodical shelves will be removed.
This page has been visited times since 04/05/05
For questions about the content of this page, please contact Sonia Graff firstname.lastname@example.org
This page is maintained by John Milazzo email@example.com
Last updated 07/09/2001