Requisitions Team members use this procedure for processing
both Procurement and Non-Procurement Orders. These materials which have been
selected and prepared by the DeGolyer staff are ready to be entered into
- Retrieve the correct bibliographic Acquisition Umbrella Record (AUR)
from the Voyager cataloging module. The AUR number is written on the
DeGolyer flag with the item or group of items and is also written on the
invoice with the material.
- Check the items received against the information in the AUR. The 590
notes on the AUR may include “MATERIAL NOT RECEIVED.” The total number of
physical pieces with the invoice should match the total number of physical
pieces in the 300 field on the AUR in Voyager.
- Add any additional pertinent information from the invoice to the AUR in
the 590 notes that would be unique to the order and helpful in identifying
the order that is not presently in the AUR.
- Complete the actions below for materials that must be returned to
DeGolyer such as designated ephemera, photographs, and archival material.
- Check if the AUR number is on the copy. If not, add the number. This is
important because records cataloged outside CIP need to contain the 910 field
linking the record to the AUR.
- Write “COPY” in large letters across the copy of the invoice.
- Write “Returned to” and the location to where material is being sent next to
the item on the copy of the invoice.
- Return the copy of the invoice and the material to the appropriate staff
person in DeGolyer.
Create Purchase Order
- Use the AUR number in searching the Voyager cataloging module for
the bibliographic record to create the line item of the purchase order.
- Write the purchase order number in red on the upper
right corner of the invoice for Procurement Orders after creating the
purchase order. Write the purchase order number in pencil on the upper
right corner of the invoice for Non-Procurement Orders.
- Suppress the holdings records. Location for all
holdings should only be deg. The AUR should already be suppressed.
- Place materials for cataloging in designated DeGolyer
Preparation for Cataloging
- Search items in Voyager.
- Duplicates: Add duplicate titles as add copies
unless the cost of an individual title is over $100. In that situation
first consult with the director of the DeGolyer Library.
- Exception: For groups of ephemeral pamphlets such
as promotional cookery booklets that will be cataloged as a collection,
or materials that need evaluation for collection level cataloging, place
them on designated shelves without searching for individual records.
Make sure that the items have their corresponding location flags with
the AUR numbers.
- Add the letters “DG” and the AUR number to the
individual bibliographic record in the 910 field.
Example 910_ _
- Link added volumes and copies to the AUR.
- Add the 910 field to an existing bibliographic
record for the first volume/issue of a multipart title (set, serial,
periodical) or an added copy.
- Add subsequent AUR record numbers to bibliographic
records with an existing 910 field. Separate each number with a space
Example 910_ _ |a DG1234567 ; DG7654321
- For titles placed in the storage area, add the note
"|z Copy Received as of [date]. Select Request button to see options." to
the 852 field on the holdings record.
- Write the bibliographic number on the location flag in
the books before placing the uncataloged items in the DeGolyer storage area.
- "MATERIAL NOT RECEIVED." As materials are received,
remove the note from the AUR and follow the process above.
- Other status notes.
- Add a note to the relevant AUR 590 note to
describe other actions taken. Possible actions include items removed
from the cataloging process to be placed in an exhibit or items found to
be damaged at the point of cataloging. Other notes describe where
material is being sent that is not cataloged by CIP. These locations
include deg,mss, deg,eph, and deg,graph. Capitalize the first word that
describes the action taken with the material.
590_ _ |a 6547074084 : 1854
poetry album, Galveston Texas :
US$24.23 : UNCATALOGED, in
exhibit until Oct. 28th per R.M.
590_ _ |a Catalogue 124 Item 64:
Art Loan Exhibition : US$50.00 : RETURNED to deg,eph
o Update status notes when the original action is overridden as when
an item used in an exhibit is returned for cataloging.
questions about the content of this page, please contact Ruthann
page is maintained by the
CIP Tech Team.