Hours and Fees
Hours of Operation
The Center is open Monday through Friday, from 7:45 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Holidays, Closures and Vacation Weeks
The Center is closed as follows:
- All University holidays (consult the Official University Calendar for
- Two weeks between Fall and Spring semester (during Winter Break)
tuition is charged for University Holidays (Labor day, Memorial Day, etc.)
except those holidays that at occur during the Winter Break closing (Christmas Day,
No tuition is charge during the two weeks between Fall and Spring semesters
when the center is closed.
Each family will be allowed two weeks of vacation during the fiscal year
(June through May) with prior two week notice to the Director.
Tuition and Fees
A non-refundable deposit equal to one week’s tuition is due upon
notification of a child’s acceptance in the center. This fee will be used to pay
the last week of the semester’s tuition if the child is enrolled for the full
- If a parent withdraws a child during the semester, the deposit will be
forfeited. Each semester you will be required to notify us of your intention to
re-enroll for the following semester.
- If your child remains in care for the following semester, the deposit will
be rolled over to that semester, until the end of the fiscal year, at the end of
the spring session. The deposit will then be applied to the last week of the
spring session, and you will be asked to make a new deposit for the new fiscal
Tuition is charged weekly and is due by Noon on Wednesday each week. There
is a $10.00 late fee for tuition not received on time. Tuition may be paid in
advance for more than one week if desired. Payment methods accepted are check or money order.
- Tuition checks should be made payable to SMU Preschool and Childcare
Center. There will be a $20.00 charge for each check that is returned for non
sufficient funds (NSF). After a second NSF check is issued, only money
orders will be accepted.
- Please drop all payments in the locked check dropbox located on the wall
opposite the Multi-age room near the Directors' desk in the hallway. Teachers may not accept payments in the classroom or on
- No tuition reductions are made for absences unless it is an "as needed" week.
If your tuition payment is not current, we will ask that you not bring your
child to the center until tuition is paid in full. The center reserves the right
to fill your child’s slot if payment is not received or if no arrangement for
payment is made within one week.
A two-week notice must be given to the center if you withdraw your child
during the semester.
There is a $75.00 per child supply fee due at the beginning of each semester
(3 times a year).
2013-14 Tuition Fees
effective 6/03/2013 through 05/31/2014
- Infant $250.00 per week
- Toddler $225.00 per week
- Preschool $205.00 per week
- $75.00 per child per semester (3 times annually)