Career Services Statistics
- Each year, our Career Center averages 7,000 career services interactions with students and alumni.
- In 2007, our 3.5 counselors conducted 1,600 counseling sessions.
- 75% of our 800+ job postings are open to ALL majors
- Upon graduation, 63% of our grad survey participants are employed and 36% will be or are attending grad school. That is a 99% ‘Transition’ rate.
- 35% of employed graduates found employment with assistance from our career center
- The average starting salary of our graduates (non Cox) is $41,000
- Dedman students average 25%+ of total student attendance at the last 6 job fairs.
- Fall 2007’s Job Fair hosted more Dedman Majors than Cox Majors
- Our career fair in February of 2007 hosted the most students (705) and the most employers (94) on record, dating back to 1939!
- During a typical year, our online PDF's (resume, interviewing, job searching guides) are downloaded nearly 20,000 times
- In only 6 months, 2,000 students and alumni used "SaddleUp", our new online orientation.
- Our website averages 335,000 hits each year, and the busiest month is: February.