Type of Positions
Full-Time Entry Level
Software Engineer II
Majors or Schools
Lyle School of Engineering
Under general supervision, designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications.
Assist in the design and development of embedded software components and applications. Assist in the design and development of Windows Software applications. Implements software components based on applicable specifications and design. Designs and develops Windows Software applications. Provides input to technical lead and project management on engineering tasks, dependencies and risks.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering. Requires at least 2 years of applicable software engineering experience.
Strong verbal and written communications skills. Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Familiar with software development tools.
Qualifications: Software Design Engineer responsible for the design, development and maintenance of embedded software components for the Engineering controls group.
- BS/MS in Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science.
- Proficient in of C programming language.
- Experience developing embedded software or applications preferred.
- Knowledge of object oriented programming methodologies.
- Experience developing software in an object oriented language preferred (C++, Java, C#).
- Familiarity with key Operating System concepts such as multithreading, task scheduling, interrupts, user modes (kernel vs. user), etc.
- Experience programming multi task or multi threaded embedded applications is a plus.
- Knowledge of basic Configuration Management methodologies (source code version control, bug tracking and requirement traceability).
- Familiarity with embedded and communication protocols (SPI, I2C, RS232, RS485).
- Familiarity with networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP).
- Familiarity with industry-wide embedded software design and debugging tools.
- Familiarity with basic electronics tools (multi-meter, signal analyzer/generators, oscilloscopes, soldering iron, etc).
- Proficient use of PC applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Demonstrated interest in the design and development of embedded controls from both hardware and software perspectives.
- HVAC knowledge is a plus
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration and teaming skills.
- Creativity and ability to learn quickly are essential.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on new projects.
- Ability to adapt existing and new technologies to the HVAC field.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to changing demands.
Lennox International, Inc. (NYSE: LII) is a global leader in the heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration markets. Headquartered in Richardson, Texas, this $3 billion publicly traded company operates through four major business segments: Residential Heating and Cooling, Commercial Heating and Cooling, Service Experts, and Refrigeration. The Company’s revenues are generated 85% from the Americas, 8% from Europe, and 7% Asia Pacific. We are searching for candidates for an entry level accounting position in our global headquarters located in Richardson, Texas, just north of Dallas.