Type of Positions
Full-Time Entry Level
SOC Design Engineer
Majors or Schools
Altera is looking to build up a brand new design team in Austin, Texas. This in an opportunity to join one of the most successful companies in the semiconductor industry at the very beginning of the development of a new product line.
Primary activities include: design using Verilog, logic simulation, functional verification, and synthesis of digital System-on-Chip (SoC) logic. Implement RTL modules and work with design team to integrate and complete functional verification. This includes all phases of the design from definition, thru implementation and development up to product release to production. Your responsibilities may include:
- Micro-architecture definition and documentation
- Functional logic, circuit, or physical design definition, documentation, implementation
- Validation of designs at block or full-chip level by authoring validation plans, writing focused tests, creating templates defining coverage strategies, developing and analyzing coverage monitors, creating event injectors, writing architectural and micro-architectural correctness checkers, developing BFMs (Bus Functional Model), running functional simulations, and debugging failures to root cause
• MSEE or PhD in EE, internship or coop experience preferred
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have ability to work as part of a cross-functional team
• Strong understanding of computer and system architecture and design concepts
You must also have background in at least two of the following:
- Hardware description languages (Verilog*)
- Programming experience with high level programming languages (example C, C++)
- Experience with microarchitecture verification and/or design
- Experience with physical design and/or associated tools (example synthesis, timing closure, etc.)
- Scripting languages (example Perl, shell*, PHP*)
Similar positions may also be available at our corporate office in San Jose, CA
Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) is the pioneer of programmable logic solutions, enabling system and semiconductor companies to rapidly and cost effectively innovate, differentiate, and win in their markets. Altera offers FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, CPLDs, and ASICs in combination with software tools, intellectual property, embedded processors and customer support to provide high-value programmable solutions to over 13,000 customers worldwide. Altera was founded in 1983 and had annual revenues in 2010 of US$1.95 billion. Altera is headquartered in San Jose, California, and employs approximately 2,600 people in 19 countries.