Make a Gift
Thank you for your interest in supporting the work of the Department of Biological Sciences. Gifts to the Department may be made to either of two funds.
Donations to the Biology Fund support our efforts to:
- Recruit first-rate faculty to SMU
- Purchase modern instruments and equipment to conduct cutting edge molecular and biochemical research
- Increase the variety of our library holdings
- Support graduate stipends
- Design new teaching labs that encourage undergraduates to participate in research projects
- Expand our seminar program
- Provide funds for stipends, supplies, and travel to professional meetings
Donations to the Biology Fund may be made at the link above by selecting Biological Sciences from the pull-down menu of fund options.
Du Xin Memorial Research Award Endowment
The purpose of this fund is to support graduate research in the Department of Biological Sciences. Part of the endowment income supports an annual research award in memory of Ms. Du Xin, a graduate student who died tragically during her first year of study. The remainder of the endowment income can be used to provide discretionary support for graduate research in Biology.
If you would like to donate to the Du Xin Memorial Fund or if you are interested in donating directly to a specific lab, research project, or other specific activity of the Department, please contact:
Dr. Steven Vik,