Our 50-year Golden Reunion Goal: 40% Giving Participation (209
During our reunion year, we ask you to support our reunion giving effort to demonstrate our appreciation for the University that gave us so much. This year, our goal is to inspire
209 classmates to make a gift! All gifts (and pledge payments) to SMU from June 1, 2011 – May 31, 2012 count toward our class goal!
Every gift, every year matters, so please participate today.
Why Should I Give?
- An annual gift of any size each and every year indicates an alumni’s vote of confidence and symbolizes their inspired gratitude for their experience at SMU.
- When measuring alumni giving participation, a $100 gift counts the same as a $1 million gift. Gifts to any area of SMU count as reunion year gifts and are part of the Second Century Campaign totals.
- The annual giving rate is a
large part of the formula to determine ranking in publications such as
U.S. News and World Report. A high ranking helps SMU attract the best
and brightest students and faculty and showcases our pride for
our alma mater to the world.
- Some foundations and other grant-making organizations look at the number of gifts rather than dollar amounts when determining grant requests. Your gift could help SMU secure thousands of dollars in funding.
- Because SMU’s base of support is lower than its peers, SMU’s Centennial Campaign has a special focus on annual support. By 2015, SMU hopes 25% of its alumni will consistently make annual gifts.
Join us in celebrating our reunion year with a gift to SMU. Help us reach our goal and show your SMU pride. View more information on why your gift makes a difference.
If you have already made a gift this year, we thank you! Your participation matters.