Each fall during Homecoming, SMU Reunion Weekend allows you to reminisce, reconnect and celebrate 5-year milestones of graduation, starting with your 5-year reunion through your 45-year reunion! SMU’s 50-year reunions offer a weekend filled with activities that coincide with Commencement each spring. Golden Mustangs, alumni celebrating more than 50-years since graduation, also gather for a reunion every other spring. We invite you to join your reunion committee to help plan an outstanding party and encourage your classmates to make a gift to SMU in honor of your special milestone.
- Attend activities during reunion weekend
- Support the committee participation goal of 100% by making a gift in honor of your reunion. Any size gift to any SMU program counts toward this goal
- Personally select and contact 15 classmates and encourage them to:
- Attend the reunion
- Make a gift to SMU in honor of their reunion year
- Update the SMU Reunion Programs team or your co-chairs in a timely manner concerning the contacts you have made with your classmates
- Make every effort to attend the three committee meetings to provide input for reunion weekend decisions, sign postcards and learn more about your role as a committee member. Out-of-town members are encouraged to join the committee and will be included via conference call, mail and e-mail.
- Assist SMU in finding “lost” classmates by updating inaccurate contact information and sharing it with the SMU Reunion Programs team
- Have fun! This is a memorable year and a wonderful opportunity!
Time commitments vary according to class year:
- 5 through 45-year reunion committee membership spans between March and December of your reunion year
- 50-year reunion committee membership spans between the October prior to your reunion year and ends in the June of your reunion year
- Golden Mustangs committee membership spans between November and April every other year. (For example, 2011 Golden Mustangs Day committee members will begin service in November 2010)
- Overall time commitment is minimal
Recommended response dates:
|5-45 year reunions
||Golden Mustangs Reunion
|January 31 of reunion year
||September 30 prior to reunion year
||October 31 prior to Golden Mustangs reunion year
For more information visit,