SMU Hispanic Alumni was established in 1997 as an affinity group that supplements the activities of the Office of Alumni Giving and Relations. The mission is to serve as the link between SMU Hispanic alumni and the SMU community.
- Attend Board Meetings
- Attend events such as the Homecoming tent, Familia Luncheon, Hispanic Issues Forum, Hispanic Youth Symposium and Graduate Reception
- Assist with development and recruitment efforts
- Work closely with the College Hispanic American Students (CHAS) student group
- Make a gift to the Hispanic Alumni Scholarship Fund
- Meetings are held the third Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. in the SMU Faculty Club, 3034 Daniel Avenue
- The amount of time spent in this position will fluctuate; however, a member can expect to spend 1-5 hours a month on activities (less time between events and more time around events)
Applying is easy! Just fill out our interest form, and someone from Alumni Relations will contact you.