Black Alumni of SMU
Reception Hosted by: Black
Alumni of SMU, SMU Hispanic Alumni, and the Office of Multicultural Student
Thursday, May 16 at 6:00 p.m.
Dallas Hall Rotunda
Click here for more details
The Black Alumni of SMU group keeps alumni connected to SMU and each other through a variety of social, cultural, professional and academic programs.
Our goal is to help recruit and retain academically talented minority students
at SMU. Opportunities include:
- Giving to the Black Alumni Scholarship Fund
- Alumni Student Recruitment
- The Developing Dynamic Leaders student mentoring program
- Networking with other professionals
Stay connected to the SMU family by attending upcoming events, searching for friends in the directory and posting a class note to share your good news.
Black Alumni Scholarship
Black Alumni of SMU launched an initiative to raise funds for the Black Alumni Scholarship in 2011.
In the 2011-2012 school year, with the help of over 100 donors, Black Alumni of
SMU provided a scholarship of over $7,000 to this year's recipient, Leah
All money raised for the Black Alumni Scholarship goes directly to the
current SMU students selected. To qualify to receive this scholarship, a student
must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least a rising undergraduate sophomore or a graduate student
- Be a member of Association of Black Students
- Earn a GPA of 3.000 or above
- Demonstrate financial need
Get Involved with Black Alumni of SMU
To learn more about leadership opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or join our mailing list.
Black Alumni of SMU Contacts
Lauren Driskell ’06
The Reverend Dr. Michael Waters '02, '06, '12
Fredricka Johnson ’08