SMU students can develop advanced strategies for reading and studying in
ORACLE (HDEV 1110)
OPTIMUM READING, ATTENTION, COMPREHENSION,
Lengthy,challenging textbook assignments demand strong critical reading skills; cumulative exams require organized, thorough study methods. The better your reading and study skills, the more effective and efficient your efforts. As you become more effective as a learner, you will find your whole college experience becoming more satisfying and more successful.
You know who you are...
- You're the high-school valedictorian who never had to study
- You're the first-chair violinist who struggled in calculus
- You want to keep your 3.5 GPA
- You're the first person in your family to go to college
- You know that your current GPA is not a true reflection of your academic strength
- You're struggling with the Business Subset
- You're an SMU student who wants to succeed!
We have what you need....
- An approach to studying that builds on your individual learning styles and strengths
- Time management skills that will help you to reach your academic goals and still have time for everything else
- Strategies for reading faster with deeper comprehension
- Techniques for improving concentration and memory
- A system for taking and using class notes
- Test preparation procedures and test taking strategies to help you learn, recall, and apply what you've learned
- Methods for organizing your desk, your notebook, your planner... your life!
Fall and spring classes meet two or three times weekly for the first twelve weeks of the term. Choose from morning or afternoon, MWF or TTh. HDEV 1110 is a one-credit elective course.
For more information about ORACLE, take a look at a current
Enroll during registration (see "HDEV" in the schedule of classes). For more information about ORACLE, call 768-3648 or email us at pfeldman.smu.edu
STUDY SMARTER, NOT HARDER!